We’ve all been there. We put off the kids’ Halloween costumes until the day of trick-or-treat, or we forgot to get our own costumes for our friend’s big Halloween bash. Don’t sweat it — you can probably come up with a costume using things you already have around the house. Here are five last-minute Halloween costume ideas that you can prep at home:
- Rosie the Riveter: If your mantra is female empowerment, what better icon to dress up as? Just grab a white button-up, roll up the sleeves, and wrap your hair in a red bandana with white polka-dots.
- Tommy Pickles: If it’s not too cold out — and you’re comfortable in your own skin — you can head to a Halloween party in a blue t-shirt and an adult diaper that you can pick up on the way. Voila — you’re Tommy Pickles from the Rugrats.
- Robber: All you need is some black clothing, including a black hat or ski mask, and an old pillowcase on which you can draw a big dollar sign with marker.
- Ghost Emoji: Put a new spin on the classic ghost sheet costume by using felt or construction paper to make the classic ghost emoji face.
- Ceiling fan: Put on your favorite sports gear and hold a “Go ceilings!” sign. Suddenly, you’re transformed into a ceiling fan.
Make sure to drive safely this Halloween season. Speaking of driving during Halloween… If you’re in need of a new auto to transport you to and from fall festivities, stop by Atzenhoffer Mazda. We’ll help you find the right Mazda vehicle to suit your lifestyle and needs.